Assistant Director of Sales - Tokyo Office
As an Assistant Director of Sales manages the hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local marketplace.
Office will be Shinjyuku, Tokyo.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Sales, you will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Management Team and proactive sales team to drive new business and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels.
An Assistant Director of Sales will work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing sales team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards :
- Manage hotel sales and marketing plans to ensure they accurately interpret and support the objectives of the business and use these plans to focus the sales efforts for all market segments.
- Manage proactive sales team with supervision from Director of Sales (DOS) and drive team to meet each team members’ annual revenue target through coaching, training and other required actions.
- Work closely with the hotel senior management team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support.
- Contribute to the development of company sales and marketing initiatives by recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate activities.
- Monitor proactive sales team members’ tasks include offering rate and items for client, contracting and updating required system in order to make processes are in line with Hilton standard and hotel’s business strategy.
- Organize comprehensive information describing the range of products and services offered by the hotel and deliver this information through relevant sales resources and sales channels to existing and potential guests
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel management team.
- Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive sales team to the hotel senior management team.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and F&B Department, to create an exceptional guest experience and build strong and comprehensive sales programs
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives
- Assist DOS to manage and lead sales team, and cover DOS's responsibility when it is required.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Director of Sales serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other team members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow :
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop appropriate actions to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
- Business level of Japanese & English communication skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- For non-Japanese national : Must hold appropriate working permit for the ADOS role
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions :
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous